Landlords Insurance


Commercial & Residential Landlords Insurance

Whether you’re just starting out in the property business with a single buy-to-let, or have a portfolio of properties, we can help with property and estate insurance. At Everett Mead we are able to offer both Commercial and Residential Landlords Policies from a range of insurers, our portfolio product can incorporate both types of policy if needed.

Buildings (day one or index linked)
Buildings insurance covers the cost of damage to the structure of your property, including walls, ceilings, doors, windows and the roof. We also make sure your garages and fences are included for residential policies too.

Landlord Contents
Contents owned by the Landlord and provided as part of the commercial rental agreement are covered. Or for residential landlords, where the property is furnished, we can help protect items such as carpets, beds, TVs, sofas and more, against damage and theft. (This doesn’t protect your tenant’s property as that’s their responsibility).

Property Owners Liability
There have been more personal injury claims than ever in recent years, some topping £100,000, although most average £5,000. Either way, it makes sense to protect yourself. We can offer cover up to £10m.

Loss of Rent
There may be times when you can’t rent your property out, for example, if it’s accidentally damaged, or destroyed. This insurance replaces your lost rent, which is important if you’ve taken a mortgage on the property and rely on rent to make repayments. Damage to your property would be extremely stressful as it is, so we aim to make sure you don’t lose the property altogether.

Optional Extras
Additional covers that are available include:
• Legal Expenses
• Terrorism
• Rent Guarantee Cover & Tenant Referencing (for residential landlords)
• Business Interruption
• Accidental Damage
• Personal Accident
• Employers Liability
• Subsidence Cover

Call us for a no obligation review of your insurance, to see whether we can help you save money and get the right policy in place.


Commercial Occupancy Types:
• High Street
• Office blocks
• Industrial
• Leisure
• Many others, please ask.

Residential occupancy types:
• Professional / Working Tenants
• Retired
• Students
• Unoccupied
• Unoccupied awaiting sale, decoration (cosmetic), decoration (structural): if your home or property is unoccupied even temporarily, you need specific insurance as your standard buildings insurance may not cover the property from loss, damage, acts of God, fire and more. You can rest assured all the details are covered and your estate is protected.

Talk to the experts:
01789 613075

Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm